As more and more composite structures require unique bends and curvatures, Ultracor has introduced UltraFlex. UltraFlex is available as a honeycomb core with distinctive cell geometry. UltraFlex provides similar or higher mechanical properties than comparable hexagonal cores of equivalent density.
- Exceptional Formability into Compound Curvatures
- No Anticlastic or Buckling of Cell Walls in Curved Conditions
- Equivalent Mechanicals as Hexagonal Cores
- Cost Savings in Curved Panels
- UltraFlex can be tailor made using practically any non-metallic web material.
- Core densities can match existing hexagonal cores.
- Properties Comparison
The table below compares the mechanical properties of the UltraFlex and the hexagonal core
using the same prepregged material.